Up for some air. How is everyone?
1. Got promoted. What does that mean? Chaotic transition and training my replacement in my old job. Trying to get the groove going this week.
2. New music. I’m going to release the Cacophony EP within a month or so. I’ll have sample tracks up on www.gonterian.com this week, along with an all new tuner (finally) and some great radio shows as well.
3. I’ve been (slowly) working on my two new domains and should have something of quality to look at there this week. I’m amazed at how long it takes me to settle the HTML, even when I have a good design plan. Patience.
4. The old Brooks Saddle on the Scorcher fell apart on a run to the video store. Sadness. Just was getting buttery/comfy and the leather sheared near the front rivets….tore all the way across and I ended up “riding the rails” home. Can’t afford a new one at this point, so the retro-look is going to be replaced by some Flite-sort-of-thang for a bit. Very sad.
5. Jan Ullrich is looking good. Nothing would make this tour fan happier than if the Kaiser would win his second tour, nine years after the first. He’s a class act all the way, and who can begrudge the guy a little “E”….
6. The monsoon season has (sort of) stopped, and the gardens grow! I’ve been enjoying bok choi, chives and lettuce from my gardens already, with strawberries coming on strong for a mid-June harvest.
7. I just need two more Trail Fixes for the inaugural “Fixed Impressions Gallery.” SEND IN YOUR BIKE PICS AND INFO!
8. The pool (in my backyard) opened briefly yesterday! We got one good swim in (93 degrees F yesterday.) Then this morning the fracture valve broke and half drained the pool overnite. Bummer. Could be 6 weeks to get her fixed, filled and open again.
9. World Cup is good fun.
10. Over and Out.